1 2 3 #ContactForm1{ display: none !important; }

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

RUB Ribs and BBQ

I have a weird work schedule that has me traveling a lot throughout the week to different clinics. On Tuesdays, I get to go to work at Tomas Morato, and that naturally means I get to eat in the area after work. Score! The place is just crawling with food establishments everywhere, that in almost a year of working in the area, I have yet to try a good chunk of them (maybe it's because I usually resign myself to the McDonalds near our clinic for the sake of familiarity and cheapness...and also the fries).

Anyway, this particular Tuesday, my boyfriend (who is usually the one I drag out on these food adventures because I dubbed it the ultimate "boyfriend duty") and I hauled our hungry butts over to RUB Ribs and BBQ, which is seen to your right almost immediately as you make a turn from Tomas Morato into Scout Rallos street.

The menu!

The place is a 2-storey building, that's actually kind of small. First floor can handle around 4-6 people I think. I didn't bother mentally counting how many could fit on the second floor (where we sat) because I was already hungry. We arrived around almost 6-ish, and there were about three vacant tables. 

The second floor area, there's just one other table for four a little bit more to the left. By the way, that iPad game is the Only One a.k.a. the game my boyfriend loves more than me. K powhz.

The house decor

The stairs. I keep telling myself sometimes that it's good that I'm short because then I don't have to worry about hitting my head while going up or down these things. So...lucky??

Anyway, we decided to order the Super Duo. It's 370 pesos and supposedly good for two people. It comes with a set of ribs and 2 sides of your choice. We figured since this is a ribs place, we should get some ribs. The two of us decided to each get one side we'd like. (But we would really get the two I like because I am bawwwsss). We then ordered the sprice (spiced fried rice) and the roasted garlic mashed potatoes. My boyfriend also ordered a milkshake because the sign at our table told him to:

Buy our milkshakes!

Rub a dub dub ribs! (The Super Duo order)

Chocolate milkshake with rainbow sprinkles, little marshmallows and a cute little paper straw

Within a little while, our orders arrived!  First off, the milkshake was okay. Regular chocolate flavor, nothing memorable. This is something you could definitely get away with not ordering. Don't always believe those table signs! I was happy with my house water order because I could then still trick myself into believing I am making excellent diet choices (Haha who am I kidding). The Super Duo wasn't enough for the two of us (We even argued over how many rib bones we each had sitting on our plate in between bites), but I assure you it is just right for two regular people with normal appetites. The meat was nice and tender, slid right off the bones. The flavor was just right, sweet and smoky. I didn't even need to slather the sauce all over it. I'm not really a fan of barbecue sauce to begin with anyway, though. The sprice was nice and flavorful as well, but I totally loved the mashed potatoes. It was nice and smooth with potato-y chunks and bits of tater skin still in it, seasoned just right. Mmmmm so good!

Overall, I'd say this is a good restaurant I may return to sometime again soon to check out the other things they have to offer on the menu. Check them out at their current three branches in:

Rub Ribs & BBQ – Quezon City64 Scout Rallos, Quezon City
(02) 501-2799

Rub Ribs & BBQ – Pasig City

88 East Capitol Drive
Brgy. Kapitolyo, Pasig City
(02) 625-2939


Rub Ribs & BBQ – Makati City
Nicanor Garcia (Formerly Reposo Street)
Corner Baler Street, Makati City
(02) 890-0972

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/RUBRibsBBQ

No comments:

Post a Comment