1 2 3 #ContactForm1{ display: none !important; }

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Bistro Paleta

I remember the first time I set foot in this place. My boyfriend decided to surprise me with a nice dinner. But I had just gotten home from another day of clinical internship and all I wanted to do was curl up and sleep. Maybe wake up later and do papers while binge-eat peanut butter sandwiches and Mountain Dew.

Buuut that was not to be and later I heard a knock on my door. I tried to ignore it but it wouldn't go away. Grumpily, I opened the door and there he was! I threw a little mini-fit because I was all groggy and grumpy as I changed out of my clinic uniform and hopped out the door towards his limo....I mean bike. Yeah, we actually rode a bike to the place. Haha. Student life lel. But I'm glad we did! Because I never would have discovered this little gem of a restaurant super near my house, along Taft Avenue!


A big sign can be seen up front but you have to go through a driveway of some sort to actually get to the place. Once you're in there though, you forget that a mere stone's throw away is the hustle and bustle of Taft. The times we have been here so far, the place was almost always devoid of customers. I found this strange, as we were usually there at normal dinner hours.

 The inside always looks like it's set up for some special occasion (note emptiness)

It's a shame that I don't see a lot more people dining here, because the food is kind of affordable and delicious! So everyone should go there now and eat. Srsly. 

 Their menu, wish they'd update this though so there would be less of the taped over updates.

For dinner tonight, we decided to play safe and order our usual choices. However, there are a lot more interesting food items on the menu that I've yet to try.

Complimentary breadsticks and a honey mustard sauce thingy that is soooo good I could straight up drink it. You know we ask for re-fills of this. 

Oh my!

These are the adorably named Mr. Potato Heads. They're little croquettes that I get to dip into more of that honey mustard sauce thingy. Served nice and hot and fresh, they're the perfect appetizers!

 Good lawdy! (Grilled chicken and shrooms)

Okay, so I am not an expert in plating in any way, shape or form but I was like "whut" when this was handed over to me. It looked like something straight out of an abstract painting. That or something was massacred on my plate. Whatever it was though, it was delicioso!

 Ohohoho! (Parmesan crusted chicken)

Okay, so this one fared slightly better in the plating department but it tasted just as good as the other dish!

Everyone in the restaurant attends to you well (mostly because you may be the only one there) and service is fast and sometimes even unasked for (automatic refills yay!). Definitely recommending this place.

Bistro Paleta is located at 1850 Taft Avenue, Malate, Manila

No comments:

Post a Comment